Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Chocolate Beetroot Cake

Vondelicious has moved to BerryNutritious.com.au
You can find this post (and more!) over at my new home: 
http://berrynutritious.com.au/2016/11/chocolate-beetroot-cake/

As I mentioned in my last post, I've only posted one cake recipe the whole year, so seeing as we are heading towards the end of the year, I thought it'd only be fitting that I start posting a couple more!

It's not that I haven't been baking at all, it's just that it hasn't been very often and not often successful. Surely no one wants to the cakes I burnt from when I accidentally turned the oven on to the 'grill' function instead of 'bake'. I'm not even joking- it's happened three times this year!


I tend to experiment quite a bit in the kitchen, and I love trying new recipes, new techniques, new ingredients etc etc. And because of the sheer volume of recipes I've bookmarked to try, I don't tend to go back to recipes unless they're really special and even then, it's not often that I will reuse recipes. As a result, recipes that have been a hit in the family do get forgotten over time, and it's not until I'm re-reading some of my older posts that I remember how good that particular recipe tasted.

This chocolate beetroot cake is one of the few that we've never forgotten as I have made over and over again, being my go to chocolate cake recipe. We don't ever use beetroot in our cooking but we always have a few tins of beetroot in the pantry just for this particular recipe- it is that good!


I won't blabber on about how good this recipe is- I've done it before here and here- but if you haven't tried it out before, please do. You won't be disappointed!

I made this particular cake as I had wanted to practice making a chocolate drip- I had attempted it once before and failed so I was determined to make it right this time. Unfortunately, I had left the chocolate glaze to cool a little too much so the drip failed once again, but thankfully not as miserably as last time.


But who cares about a failed drip when the cake tastes amazing? This recipe has never failed me and this time was no exception, although it did dry up after a few days in the fridge.

Next time I make cake, I'll have to remember to invite a few friends over!

Find the recipe on my new site here:
http://berrynutritious.com.au/2016/11/chocolate-beetroot-cake/ 

2 Comments:

chow and chatter said...

this looks so good, hows things? are you an RD now?

Kelsey said...

Can you add Apple sauce instead of oil?

Related Posts with Thumbnails