Thursday, October 22, 2009

Pho Toan Thang

Some thursday evening ago, we, or rather my parents, were stuck with the problem of where to eat- of course, us kids are only in charge of deciding where not to eat or whining whenever we dislike the decision made. In the end, we decided to go all the way to Flemmington the eat Vietnamese food.

I haven't been here for a long time but I remember coming here a lot when I was young, and that almost every time we ate here, it would be at the same restaraunt (there weren't so many restaraunts here before!) It's been here for a long time but has changed very little- the decor is pretty much the same as it was 10 years ago and so are the people. And from what I remember of it, the food is just as good!

We walked in quite early in the everning and already, the place was almost full. We were each given a menu which had pictures showing all of the dishes which was great but made it difficult to choose as everything looked so good! (my parents usually choose for me......)

Crispy Chicken with Noodles- $9.50
The chicken has just been fried and so is hot and very very crispy and the meat is tender. Because it's cut up into large pieces, it goes quickly (we each take a piece) and we're left with the noodles are full of flavour so it tastes great by itself!

Vietnamese rice paper rolls $8.00
The dish is quite decieving-at first, you can't really see the rice rolls. And it's all covered in vegetables and chicken roll so it looks rather much like a salad. But once you dig into it, you realise that there are actually rice rolls below and that they are actually very hot. The rice rolls come with a dipping sauce which give it its flavour.

Beef on hot plate $11
The meat is served on a hot plate (or sizzling plate....?). When the sauce is poured on, there's a huge puff of smoke and the aroma of the dish instantly fills the whole restaraunt. It's quite entertaining to watch. And so the dish is very very hot (i like hot food!). The sauce is very delicious and tastes especially great with the rice.

Beef noodle soup- $7.50

This is something we order everytime we come here -so I love it. The meat is half raw but eventually cooks in the hot soup. It comes with a plate of bean sprouts and mint leaves (but I don't like either of them- so I leave it for the rest of my family.....). This is so delicious that when I finish it, I can spend ages trying to fish out the last pieces of rice noodles out of the soup. It's actually quite entertaining! The soup is really good- one of the best I've tasted (although I haven't tasted a lot)

With all the large servings, we leave feeling very very full and satisfied. We probably won't be coming back soon (because Flemmington is not a place we go to often) but there's no doubt that when we do, we'll eat at this restaurant again. Like we always do.

Now- I'd usually put the address here. Only I don't know the address. *sigh*



Edit: Found the adress! =D
Pho Toan Thang
95 The Crescent Shop 9
Flemington, 2140

Pho Toan Thang on Urbanspoon

4 Comments:

JT @ areyouhungary said...

Oh I'm so glad you posted on this, the beef on a hot plate is such a winner too!

Two fit and fun gals said...

by the way- love the layout! :)

Von said...

Hi JT- I agree- the beef is so yum!

Hi Betty- thanks :) I didn't make it though

Yufei said...

oh my, I am drooling all over that crispy chicken leg.

Related Posts with Thumbnails