Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Excellent Chinese Seafood Restaraunt

Excellent Chinese Seafood restaurant is one of the restaurants our family regularly visits . It's one of the cheaper and better (and consistent) quality yum cha restaurants in Sydney, although their selection can be not-so-interesting after you go there a couple of times (but then again, that's the same for all yum cha restaurants)

I don't always go yum cha -ing with my parents (because of my slight dislike of the yum cha experience in Sydney) but I occassionally tagg along on my parents' yum cha trips. On this occasion, I brought along my camera =]

Which is when I discovered that you can take heaps of photos at yum cha because they come in such small servings!





I don't know what these are but they taste like fish balls, only bigger, more flavoursome and have a very different texture than fish balls (more chewier). It comes with a brown sauce which is a really salty (and looks much like POOP- haha) which doesn't taste too bad. They taste good, but is certianly not my favourite thing to eat.

Deep fried meat dumpling

I developed a liking for these thing a couple of years ago. These fried balls are crispy on the outside (eventhough they're not usually hot) and chewy on the inside and have a nice meat filling.

Pan Fried Rice Noodle Rolls

Their rice noodle rolls come in a small serving compared to other yum cha restaurants. However, their flavour is quite good- being freshly fried, they're not bad. The rolls are crispy on the outside and soft inside with lots of shallots and dried prawns. It comes with a peanut and a sweet sauce -I like to eat it drenched in the sweet sauce

Some part the the innard of a cow. I don't particularly like these things but my mum does- they're quite good. They come drenched in oil, which sort of adds to the flavour (and will leave a puddle of oil in your bowl)!

Chicken Feet

But these things leave the biggest puddle of all (in you bowl, that is). The chicken feet is one of those things which almost every table orders. It's always good too- the feet are always chubby and is drenched in the really red but tasty sauce.

The fried noodle is one of our favourite in Sydney. It's wheeled in those typical hot trolleys and covered with a lid. It's a bit squished and and tastes quite different from your normal fried noodles (as it isn't freshly fried) but its flavour makes up for it.
Glutinous Rice Balls with Seasame filling
And then we come to my favourite part of yum cha- the dessert. I have these glutinous rice balls everytime we come here. It's covered with crushed peanuts (although I don't really like peanuts) with a black seasame filling which is supposed to ooze out but doesn't always (it depends on how hot it is). But it still tasted great anyway!

Excellent Chinese Seafood Restaurant

Shop E
101 Carlingford Rd
Carlingford 2118 NSW

4 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't been to this yum cha restaurant.. love the look of the food and the dessert....... it has all the components that I like!!

Rita (mademoiselle délicieuse) said...

Love those glutinous rice balls! You can't get that variant at all yumcha places...or they'll make it when you order it and they come out soggy because they're 'too fresh' ><

Von said...

Hi Ellie! If you ever go to Carlingford, you should give it a try =]

Hi mademoiselle délicieuse I've never had 'fresh' glutinous rice balls before....=]

Eloise said...

That glutinous riceball looks really nice! Too bad that the sesame isnt runny!

Related Posts with Thumbnails